Santé publique France will serve the population in all aspects of public health based on scientific knowledge, data, and information.
It will support the government and society in improving the health and well-being of the population. It will apply a population-based approach with the objective of reducing social health inequalities in all areas of public health: Infectious diseases; Non infectious diseases; Environmental health; Occupational health.
The agency is present throughout the national territory with regional units, including overseas territories, and works in partnership with the Regional Health Agencies (ARS).
Santé publique France will:
- Analyze up-to-date knowledge and data on the determinants of health and risk factors.
- Provide decision makers at all levels with independent evidence-based guidance and recommendations. It will be supported by expert committees.
- Propose measures to health authorities to protect the population from health threats.
- Develop evidence-based interventions for prevention and health promotion.
- Contribute to preparedness and management of health crisis, and provide support for the implementation of response plans.
Operating as a network, cooperation with partners and health professionals enables to combine strengths.
Openness and dialogue with stakeholders and the civil society is one of the founding principles of Santé publique France.
The agency will have 4 committees:
- A Management Board
- A Scientific Council
- A Public Health Ethics and Professional Conduct Committee
- An Openness and Dialogue Committee